Design plans to preserve the historic charm of the dean’s residence at Yale University worked in concert with plans to reestablish its use as a family home and site for University functions. The two and a half story 5,000 SF Georgian-style colonial revival house, originally built in 1890, was gutted and renovated. The roof, chimneys, exterior clapboard and cedar shingle siding were replaced. Interior and exterior colors and finishes were selected to enhance the structure’s historical character. The mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems were also replaced, as was the kitchen.