Engineering Project Manager
Location: Long Island, NY
Service: Civil Engineering serving the Energy, Land Development and Public Infrastructure Markets
BL Companies, an ENR Top 500 Engineering, Architectural, Environmental and Land Surveying Consulting Firm has an immediate opportunity available for a qualified individual to work in the Firm’s Engineering Department out of its newly-established Long Island office.
Growing our presence, brand and client base in Long Island and the surrounding areas is a priority for BL Companies. We are looking to hire a Project Manager to work side by side with the Office Manager to provide quality services to our clients. The candidate should be self-motivated with a high focus on overseeing and managing the entire project delivery process including but not limited to schedule, fee and budget.
Experience in utility design will be a plus as several of our current clients in Long Island have utility design needs.
Specific competencies the candidate is preferred to possess are:
• 10 years of civil or utility-related engineering experience
• NY PE or immediate reciprocity
• Full understanding of local, county, state or federal government requirements including code and regulations applicable to the project and permitting process
• General understanding of practices and basic knowledge of the other design disciplines including site and building materials and environmental conditions
• Understanding of basic format and structure of project general conditions, bid forms and bid documents, project specifications and literature
The candidate should also possess strong client/agency management skills, proficient writing skills and excellent communication skills. The candidate will likely be supervising other engineers and should be able to mentor, train and develop junior staff. Proactivity and accountability are skills highly valued at BL Companies.
BL Companies offers an excellent benefits package and fosters a growth-oriented work environment. We are a hard-working, growing and exciting place to work and welcome qualified candidates to join us. Please apply online at www.blcompanies.com if you feel you meet these qualifications.
BL Companies is an Employed Owned Company. Affirmative Action. EOE.