- Ask an Owner // Kestra Kelly
- How BL Made it PossiBLe: Veterans Cemetery
- Supporting Wreaths Across America
- Celebrating Employee Ownership
- How BL Makes it PossiBLe: ESOP Edition
- Ask An Owner // Bret Boudreaux
- On the Move!
- Moving Forward: Announcing Promotions & New Team Members
- Sensitive Species: Protecting the Environment through the Maryland Forest Conservation Act
- How BL Made it PossiBLe: Valania Park | Allentown, PA
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, a national movement to raise awareness about the importance of mental health. BL Companies recognizes and values the mental and physical well-being of our employee owners, so this month we are highlighting our Wellness & Healthcare Committee and their initiatives to help us practice healthy lifestyles to improve physical and mental well-being.
Our Committee engages with our local communities through wellness-related activities and educates employees on healthcare and wellness-related topics through webinars, events, and informational resources. One way the BL Wellness & Healthcare Committee stays top of mind is with monthly newsletters featuring topical wellness information. Here, the focus is on tips and advice for living healthier lives, as well as BL events like hiking days, virtual yoga and in-house challenges like the BikeaBLe and WalkaBLe/RunaBLe. Wellness-related quick-tips can also be found on the Intranet homepage every Wellness Wednesday.
One of BL’s newest and exciting Wellness & Healthcare initiatives is the “Well-Health” Reimbursement Program. BL will reimburse for a wide range of wellness-related expenses from yoga mats to meal prep subscriptions; this program began through feedback from our employee owners!
Mental Health Awareness Month is a good time to kick off conversations about mental health and the Wellness & Healthcare Committee will keep the momentum and support going year-round. Their commitment to creating a healthy workplace, and inspiring us to maintain that lifestyle, is unparalleled.